Now that the Marlins are in their shiny new stadiums and have a license to print money, David Samson is no longer concerned with his public standing. Parents and fans included. From Miami Today, Samson remarked upon his role as dream crusher:
"To parents, I would say ‘Your son is very cute, but he will never be a Major League Baseball player.’"
Okay, so maybe he didn’t mean to portray himself as Lord and Keeper of the Dreamworld, but he had plenty more to share.
- He called local politicians “not the intellectual cream of the crop.” Which is a nice thing to say about the people who gave you such a cushy, and possibly illegal, stadium deal.
- He passed along that Jose Reyes was willing to sign as long as the Marlins outspent every other team. Which is a personal conversation that I’m sure Reyes would like repeated in public.
- While shopping the club to Las Vegas, Samson mentioned how he wouldn’t care if the casinos bought out every seat because the Marlins would be making money.
- anime-hentai likes this
- go-racing-in-the-street reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball and added:
- flakingit reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- baseball-swagger likes this
- oldtimefamilybaseball posted this