Andrew McCutchen is hitting .374 with 22 home runs. Barring a supreme meltdown, he should finish the year hitting over .300.
Pedro Alvarez is hitting .223 with 18 home runs. Barring a Chernobyl event, he should finish the year with over 20 home runs.
The last time the Pirates had two hitters with over 20 home runs, with at least one of them hitting .300? 2001 when Aramis Ramirez and Brian Giles each hit over .300 with more than 30 home runs.
The Pirates record that year? 62-100, mostly because the next best player on the team was John Vander Wal and the pre-good Jason Schmidt.
- trxfreely reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- trxfreely likes this
- travisequalsmusic likes this
- jamesdereksapienza likes this
- biggerbrighterbetter likes this
- dkthedelight likes this
- section9 likes this
- zombie--rf likes this
- marinersworldseries2012 likes this
- cosiscosmic likes this
- oldtimefamilybaseball posted this