My Creative Process
People sometimes ask me, “Mike, when writing about baseball, where do all your ideas come from?” Like Magic’s Biggest Secrets Revealed, here I am to peel back the veil and expose the harsh truth of my creative process.
- Baseball happens. (Like this hilarious play by the Bad News Astros, for example.)
- Is there a pun in this? YES.
- Wait, wait. “Blastros” isn’t a real word. Back to the drawing board.
- Hey, I got something! Oh, but it relies on someone being really familiar with Ned and Stacy, the cruelly overlooked Thomas Haden Church sitcom from the mid-90s.
- Can I do fake Photoshop? (an hour later) No, it’s too hard for fake Photoshop.
- What about a gratuitous photo of Ken Griffey Jr? Does he have anything to do with this?
- Oh, hey, I can work a fart joke in here. “More like the Atros ‘blastro-ed’ something out of their butts.”
- Post it.
- Congratulate self.
- Take a nap.