Mike Trout Is Amazing
Listen, I get it, you’ve seen one hundred of these articles lately. But I can’t help but pile on while looking over Mike Trout’s statistics after he hit his 25th home run of the season last night. Some fun facts:
- Mike Trout is 21 years old.
- He leads the league in runs, steals, average, OPS, fWAR, and OPS+.
- He has been caught stealing four times. Four. Times. The person second in steals (Michael Bourn with 37), has been caught 8 times.
- He has been in the Majors since April 28th. He has hit 25 HR, driven in 73, and hit .339. Albert Pujols has been pretty hot since then and has hit 28 HR, driven in 82, and hit .295. Has the game’s best hitter and the game’s future best hitter ever crossed paths on the same team like this before?
- His numbers are nearly identical at home and away. He’s hit .337/.390/.622 with 12 HR at home and .338/.410/.556 on the road. And that slight dip of power on the road has allowed him to get on base more often and steal 26 of his 41 bases.
- He will pout until he gets his way.
I could go on, but what’s really the point. There is a shorter list of things Mike Trout doesn’t lead the league in (like ERA. Get with it, Mike) than things he does.