It’s a special weekend if you’re a legendary broadcaster. After Vin Scully got a double rainbow and bobblehead, Uecker was gifted with this statue outside of Miller Park.
Sadly, despite John Axford’s brilliant idea of turning this image into a statue, the team went with a simple, be-sweatered Uecker that looks a lot like Steve Ditko’s Peter Parker. The Mayor of Milwaukee also announced that today was Bob Uecker Day, which should really be celebrated every time the Brewers have a game. Though the statue doesn’t feature much of Uecker’s legendary personality, I’ve heard that the Brewers will now run re-runs of Mr. Belvedere 24/7 above the bronzed man. Note: I have no idea what material this is made of. I don’t cotton to metallurgy.
So to the man who, as his book exclaims “made mediocrity famous,” congratulations. And though “it was a parole thing" that kept him in Milwaukee, the outpouring of love from an adoring public should keep him there.
(Image via John Axford’s Instagram)
- sourozenci reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- dheniswirawan reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- benbryan reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- jamesdereksapienza likes this
- dani23silva likes this
- phazerblast likes this
- sickboy20 likes this
- beautyfetishist likes this
- mightyflynn likes this
- txmac5911 reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- txmac5911 likes this
- anunnakisinombre69 reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- jesse-knutson likes this
- travisequalsmusic likes this
- trxfreely likes this
- southerncontradiction likes this
- tokaikko likes this
- carbombgoesboom likes this
- oldtimefamilybaseball posted this