MLB Releases 2013 Schedule
The Major League Baseball schedule for 2013 has been released and there are some crazy, crazy things going on like.
- Opening Day has returned to a full slate of Monday games. While I like that there will be a single holiday again, I did enjoy the Thursday/Friday beginning as it kicked off the year with a full weekend of baseball.
- Interleague play all day, every day. The year kicks off with a classic matchup between the Reds and Angels. I’ve never loved Interleague Play, But there’s no choice if you’re going to have two 15-team leagues. The countdown until the National League has a DH is on.
- Speaking of, teams will play 20 Interleague games, 76 inter-division games, and 66 inner-league games. At least the schedules will now be a little more even, so that’s something.
- The player draft will be on June 6th. Afterwards, the league will be taking a week off for “WWE SummerSlam.”
- Teams will have plenty of two game series and weeks where they have multiple days off. However, players will be contractually obligated to hang out by the pool together, and kick it “OG Style.”
- Instead of playoffs being scheduled, there is a note that appears to be written in blood which reads “THE HOLE IN ALL THINGS IS OPEN. FORSAKE EVERYTHING.” We assume this means the Yankees will win the World Series next year and that Cthulhu will attack. Which is kind of the same thing.