Baseball Card of the Week:
Just look at this man, with his will o’ the wisps mustache and the perplexed, yet driven, look on his face. Does he know that one day he’ll be the pinch hit home run king of baseball? Does he have any idea that he will become a folk legend in Pennsylvania, nay, a folk legend all around the world? Can his young, hormone-addled mind even comprehend the idea that he will be hawking Nutrisystem one day?
No. He can’t. Because time travel is illegal and dangerous. But one day, one day this young man, coming off a season in which he hit 10 triples (10 triples for Matt Stairs!) in Harrisburg, will be elected to the New Brunswick Hall of Fame.
This post is for you, young Stairmaster. May your dingers float in space forever.
(And a mighty big thanks to TinkersGhost for the baseball card. May your dingers float in space forever, too.)
- theshrewdestdiagnostician likes this
- jcahill reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- juggalosmokey likes this
- makesnoise reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball and added:
- drdoctr reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- drdoctr likes this
- kyeman21 likes this
- captainlatte likes this
- italkaboutbaseball likes this
- fosters-slant said: The following is a true story… Before Christmas I was in need of some batteries for my cordless mouse. I ventured to the local Wal-Mart, and after obtaining said batteries, I see Mr. Stairs. Just there, wearing a couple gold chins, buying some DVD
- fosters-slant likes this
- mightyflynn said: wow!
- mightyflynn likes this
- retrojayscards likes this
- stevenandrewlong likes this
- bluemooncinco likes this
- livingwatersss likes this
- cheyemacias likes this
- siphotos likes this
- jimr-drumr likes this
- hy-gene reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- wonderfully-complicated likes this
- wentdog likes this
- webcams-porno likes this
- jamesdereksapienza likes this
- section9 likes this
- oldtimefamilybaseball posted this