Craig Counsell’s last hits came in a 3-for-
4 3 game against the St. Louis Cardinals on June 10th. Since then he is 0-for-45, the second longest hitless streak for a position player in Major League history.
That infamous record is held by Bill Bergen, a player widely known for being one of the worst offensive players of all-time. Bergen, who had a career .395 OPS and a 21 OPS+, once went 46 at-bats without hitting a safety. Craig Counsell, despite all his grit, leadership, and vampire-like paleness, could tie and pass him in his very next game.
The above is Counsell’s “hit” chart over the last month and a half. Notice that the chart’s legend does not even include a marking for “hit.” At least he’s got a bobblehead coming out in two weeks, that should cheer him up.
(Chart via Texas Leaguers)
- weswolfe reblogged this from sbnation
- captainlatte likes this
- is-there-booty likes this
- korin0 likes this
- carrielicksmylollipop reblogged this from sbnation
- sbnation reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- eraticism likes this
- sashagreystoilet reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball and added:
- interleaning likes this
- sportspage reblogged this from oldtimefamilybaseball
- weeks101 likes this
- oldtimefamilybaseball posted this